Read this if you’re struggling to create a content calendar that is easy to stick to.
I’m sure you’ve heard many times that content is key but content can also be time-consuming and expensive.
From writing a content brief and finding a reliable and professional writer to proofreading and publishing quality content there is a lot of skill required to manage all the different elements to get the content published on schedule.
Having a content calendar can help you with planning ahead and it makes life easier when you know how often you need to create new content.
You’re still going to need to plan what you’re going to write about and you will want to make sure that you’re investing time and money correctly when it comes down to the topics that you are writing about.
How do you know that you’re making a good investment?
Here are our top tips for investing in content
- Make it relevant: If your content is relevant to your business, your website and the intended readership then you’re off to a good start.
- Keep it timely: Articles should also be relevant at the time of posting. If it’s out of date or old news then it may not be as effective. If the topic is trending, aim to publish and share before it’s too late.
- Check the grammar: It’s a lot less time to consume to work with writers that proofread their own work. There are a number of tools that can help too.
- Be popular: When you’re investing in topics to write about you want them to be read many times. The trick here is to find topics that more people search for and more likely to read.
- Analyse your stats: Now you’ve published all your articles, keep track of what your readers like and do. It doesn’t hurt to know a bit about them either, knowing what devices they use to view your blog can be a great help!
Max started The Responsive Agency in 2014 to help business owners to navigate the fast-paced world of digital marketing. With a focus on solutions that offer high-performance growth, clients have seen dramatic increases in turnover and profit.